Yes I know it's a little early for my regular news update or even my mid month news update, but this something that I have to say. 


As of January 31st 2Ton Studios will be officially closing down the commission paint service because I have finally finished up all the hoops and paperwork and red tape so I can go back to school for Computer Animation. This is a dream come true for me so I don't want to miss out on it. 

Now what this means for the future of the studio is that for the time being I will not be taking commission paint work until I can see what my course load is going to be like. Then maybe I can open the paint service back up but for only a little work here and there. I will continue to work on my own stuff for the time being so I will still be posting the occasional paint project or other hobby project up to let you all know what I am doing. Some of it might not even be paint related but it will be a hobby of mine.

Now for those of you that already have work with me or that I have agreements with those jobs will still get done as agreed upon so no worries I'm not going to leave you out in the cold. 

The studio has been open and taking commissions for about 5-6 years now and it has been a long hard road. I can say I have painted for people all over the globe. I have painted for podcast personalities on several occasions. I have painted everything from the Massive Reaver Titan all the way down to the tiniest of ships for dysatopian wars. It has been a long and fun ride so for now I say thank you to all of my clients for the adventures and thank you to my readers for reading what all I have been up to over the years. 

And maybe... Just maybe I will be able to bring the studio back part time once I get settled in with school.

3 Responses so far.

  1. Congratulations on continuing your education in a field you love! Remember it's the journey that makes the man not the papers with his name on it. Good luck and I know you'll do well.

  2. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. Best of luck in school! I look forward to reading success stories from you!

  3. Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to starting school in just over a week. I will continue to post things up here on the blog... they might not always be painting related but there will be some interesting things to share. And if my school load isn't too bad then I will be re-opening the studio.

Post a Comment