Wave 3 has been out for a couple weeks now so I thought it was about time I did a little review of the new ships. We picked up a couple TIE Bombers and B-Wings and used them in a game to see is we would like having them. We also got a Lambda Shuttle and a HWK-290 but haven't had a chance to use those in a game yet.

Overall impression of the models was really high at first glance but when we tried to fold the wings down on the Lambda Shuttle they didn't want to go down all the way without feeling like they were going to break or the whole ship was going to come apart. It is my understanding after talking to a couple of local players in town and some guys on the internet that we are not the only ones that had this problem. BUT it was easily fixed using a file and little time. now the wings fold down on that just fine. I will post up a how to on that here in a day or so. The rest of the ships were really high quality in appearance. Though when you look at the size of the B-Wing it looks like they changed up the scale because it looks like it is bigger than it needs to be, but I could be wrong.

In Action the B-Wing and the TIE Bomber are just absolute tanks as they can take a load of punishment before going down, and combined with the right pilot and add-ons can be down right evil. I did learn that the Bomber works best when it is paired up with TIE Interceptors to fly support for it.

Really what it comes down to is that I do really enjoy this game and even though I am sitting here waiting for a rerelease of Wave 1 ships I honestly don't have much to complain about because it is a fun game to play. These new ships add a new dynamic to the game and really help keep things fresh.


0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment