Thats right... don't let the title confuse you. I converted a librarian to be riding a Ravenwing bike.

Well actually I sorta stole the idea from the April 2013 issue of White Dwarf, page 109 if you want to go and look it up. On that page Mark Bedford took the Librarian from the Dark Vengeance box set and combined him with a bike from the new Ravenwing Command Squad box and BAM there is one of the coolest ideas I have seen in a while and I thought to myself, "Hey I can do that one too. I have the stuff here in the studio to do it. I just have to convince the owner of the Dark Angels stuff to let me do it." Which honestly it wasn't that hard to convince him of this because after all he is building a full fledged Ravenwing army and was trying to figure out how to work a Librarian into the mix. So I showed him the pictures and the rest was history.






The hard part was trying to figure out where I could fit this into the schedule of the studio since I keep having things just kinda pop up on the list of stuff that I need to get done around here. Well I finally had a clear spot after I got those Pathfinders painted up to showcase the Tau Ceti bases. Then I wanted to get something else painted up for the Blood Angels before I started on something else and he only took a day to paint up. That brings us to today... the hardest part of making this conversion is cutting the Librarians legs off and shaping the waist so that it would fit on the bike. Also like on the model in the WD I took the keys that on the loin cloth of the Librarian and trimmed around the keys and did a ton of shaving to the the piece nice and thin and attached it at his waist once the top half was mated to the bottom half.







Now to prime the model and hand it off to the owner for him to get painted.

1 Response so far.

  1. I am totally impressed with how the conversion of the librarian went. I am looking forward to painting him up and i hope I can paint him to look as good as the conversion looks. I can't thank you enough for all the great work you did on this piece for my ravenwing army.

Post a Comment