Well as some of you know from following my recent posts I am working up a few competition pieces to take to Adepticon in April. And if any of you heard my interview on Firebase Delta I have no intention of showing fully completed shots of my pieces until after Adepticon is over with cause I don't want to show my hand to early and I don't want to spoil the surprise to what all I am working on... BUT that doesn't mean that I can't give you sneak peeks of what I am doing.

Well with all that being said this is the first peek at what I am doing for the "Steampunk Single Miniature" category, and all I am showing you is the base. The wooden plinth was custom made for this entry and I stained and gloss coated it here in the studio myself. The 40mm round lip base that is sitting on it has been magnetized so the model will stay in place but will be removable from the plinth. The theme of the base is kinda simple it's just a slab of reinforced concrete (notice the rusty rebar poking out of the slab) sitting atop dirt.

I wanted the base to look good but not take away from the model that is going to be sitting on it.

Stay tuned for more sneak peeks leading up to Adepticon and Crystal Brushes

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment