So when I checked the studio mail a few weeks back I had a few new products from Mr. Justin over at Secret Weapon Miniatures. The new releases for March had some really cool new basing materials this time around along with a cool piece of terrain for 40k. I am going to start off with the basing materials and it will be a 2 part review, the first of which is going to be the Fallen Leaves.

Secret Weapon Scenics Masterclass: Fallen Leaves - brown

This product retails for $4.99us and you get about 60ml of a natural "pod like" material that looks like amazingly realistic leaves you would see scattered on the ground in the fall. (that is unless you live in the desert or the tropics).

This product falls into that category of products that I really love that Mr. Justin has come up with. I don't know where he found it but I think it is truly awesome. When the product came in the mail I sent Justin an email asking about it so I could get a little more insight to what it is before I wrote this review. And he replied that it is something that has been around in the historical miniature circles for a long time and that he wanted to bring it to our end of the hobby pool cause it does look so realistic. I also asked him the best way to apply it... If the old standby of thinned out white glue or scenic cement would work best or if he had better suggestion, and he said to use a matte medium cause it wont dry glossy looking... Unless you are going for a "wet" look. Then the other option works just fine.

So from me it's another 5 out of 5 on this one Mr. Justin... Keep up the food work.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment