So now that Adepticon has been over for almost a week now and I have had plenty of time to make the long drive home and spend a few days recovering from all the gaming that I got to take part in. I figured I would fill you all in on how day 4 of Adepticon went for me and how the models fared in the Crystal Brushes and my over all thoughts of this years event.

Day 4 was spent in the Privateer Press area yet again because I was playing in the team tournament. And in that... we didn't fare so well really. I planed for people to take a lot of 'jack heavy lists and we faced people that took the bare minimum number of jacks and loaded up on troops. Not what I expected at all. I guess thats what I get for judging things by the way the local group plays the game. As for Crystal Brushes... well I think its obvious that I didn't win but I did make it to online voting. The Forge World Bloodthirster that I painted up got lumped into the 54mm category with a bunch of busts that just blew me out of the water. and the Trollblood Kiltlifter that I painted up was in the Fantasy/Steampunk Single Model category, and it fared much better. He finished in the middle of the pack. I think he would of done much better if I had taken the time to paint on the tartan onto his kilt instead of just leaving it plain red. So lesson learned there... also... don't go so grand scale as the FW Bloodthirster for a competition piece.

My over all view on the weekend things were great other than the incident on day one and the fact that I think some of the staff for the event were complete idiots. We really had a great time and I got to meet some really great people. I want to give a small shout out to Romeo and Kip from Battlefoam, Justin (Mr. Justin) from Secret Weapon Miniatures, Will Hungerford and the rest of the Privateer Press Staff that I had a chance to meet and talk to, and finally to Dan, the Baron, and Chris from the Eternal Warriors podcast.

And to close things out for the month of April... things in the Studio are back to normal and I am taking commissions again now that things have settled down.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment